The Maryborough Regional Library has had a busy 2017/2018 financial year, returning bumper results.
Some of the great results from the Maryborough and Dunolly libraries and outreach services include:
- 72,075 items borrowed
- 66,919 visitors
- 338 events and programs hosted
- 4,754 attended library events and programs
Central Goldfields Shire Chief Administrator Noel Harvey said he was impressed with the recent results from the Maryborough Regional Library.
“It is really pleasing to see how many residents are accessing our library services. Libraries play such a vital role in our communities and I congratulate all the staff and volunteers for their hard work and dedication,” he said.
Events and programs includes Rhyme Time/Toddler Time/Story Time/school holiday and adult programming.
Library fast facts:
- Library membership is free and your card gives you access to over 150 different libraries and three million items via the SWIFT system.
- You can visit the library to read the newspaper – local, Ballarat, Bendigo and Melbourne newspapers
- Read or borrow the latest monthly magazines
- Borrow DVDs, CDs, Books, Audio Books, E-books, E-Audio books and even sport equipment
- Access subscription databases for free eg. Ancestry Australia and Find My Past
- Access unlimited free Wi-Fi
- Use of four public computers – print/fax/scan/email
- Access old newspapers via microfilm
- You can log-in to your Library account from home to renew or order items
- Outreach Service Van visits Raglan House, Havilah and Dunolly Nursing Home every fortnight. We also offer a home service to elderly residents
- Home Service available to residents who are unable to visit
- Children’s Programs – Story Time for toddler/kindergarten aged children every Wednesday and Friday at 11am. Baby Rhyme Time to suit newborn to 18 month old children every Thursday at 11am
- Free performances and craft sessions every school holidays
- Parents of newborn-pre-schoolers can register their children for the '1000 books before school' program. A free incentive program.
- Access subscription services that can only be accessed as a Library patron. beamafilm contains free movie streaming, especially great for doco lovers. rbdigital gives members access to the latest magazine online.
Maryborough Regional Library
Located within the Maryborough Resource Centre, corner of Nolan and Alma streets, Maryborough
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm and Saturday, 9.30am to 12noon
Talbot Outreach Service
The Talbot Outreach Service operates from the Talbot Community Library in Camp Street. It can be accessed Tuesday 2pm to 4 pm & Saturday 10am to 12noon.
Temporarily located at the St Johns Hall, Barkly Street, Dunolly
Opening hours: Every Tuesday 10am to 1pm and 1.30 to 4.30pm